CSN Group Operations, Strategy & Analytics
The vision of Group Operations Strategy & Analytics (OSA) is to unleash the potential of CSN (Community, State and National Affairs) by ensuring CSN has the talent, the resources and the information needed to deliver on its goals as part of AARP.
OSA is responsible for efficient operations, driving integration, providing robust group-wide communications, and championing effective planning and performance analysis to inform decision making. As a team, OSA is focused, collaborative, and solution oriented.
OSA is composed of the following three teams:
-Client Services & Group Operations
-Planning and Performance Analysis
The Performance Analysis Senior Advisor is responsible for leading initiatives to develop goals and analyze performance against those goals in the Community, State and National Affairs’ advocacy, outreach, education, campaign efforts and programmatic work in states and communities. Reviews and evaluates program successes, recommends course corrections, and provides effective guidance to the Enterprise and State and Community Engagements leadership in appropriate ways to evaluate and monitor work against identified organizational performance objectives. Shares key insights from test-and-learn and evaluation projects with staff and volunteers to increase impact and relevance at the local level.
• Fosters the test and learn culture of the Community, State, and National Affairs group (CSN) by managing an analysis and evaluation agenda, promoting testing, producing reporting, and delivering and presenting high-quality insights to inform decisions, evaluate performance, and increase CSN’s impact, with emphasis on local and nationwide strategies.
• Supports community level planning and the effective use of planning data by developing nationwide guidance and tools to align with and inform groups and stakeholders across the Enterprise and CSN departments.
• Provides a leadership role in achieving an Enterprise initiative goal to engage and impact the 50-plus individuals at the local level by serving on the enterprise core team, developing and monitoring key performance indicators, leading an initiative focused on measurement and testing for scale, guiding strategic research projects for clients, and providing day-to-day strategic service to internal clients.
• Prepares executive communications to communicate the contribution of CSN clients to broad organizational goals, including but not limited to social impact, relevance, and organizational health. Uses qualitative and quantitative measurement and research methodologies for assessing performance.
• Stays abreast of new tools and methodologies in the field of strategic planning and organizational performance measurement and applies those to AARP efforts as appropriate.
• Works collaboratively with staff at all levels to provide optimal customer service to members and to meet or exceed Dashboard goals.
• Demonstrates AARP’s organizational character (our purpose, role, values, brand expression) in all interactions.
• Master's in organizational development, project or program management, business management, business administration or other field aligned to the tracking of performance and evaluation of program-against-plan.
• 8+ years of related experience or a combination of education and experience in the areas of business analysis, strategic performance analysis, marketing analysis, consulting or other management reporting field.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to inform, educate, motivate and work with others at all levels to ensure high performance and achievement of strategic goals.
• Strong, clear communications skills including clear and concise writing and presentation for executives and translation of complex data into understandable insights and stories.
• Strong problem solving skills and facilitation skills with creativity, adaptability and flexibility in dealing with process or programmatic challenges and options.
• Expert use of data management and visualization tools such as Excel and Tableau, including the ability to perform calculations, create pivot tables and graphs.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.