CSN Group Operations, Strategy & Analytics
The vision of Group Operations Strategy & Analytics (OSA) is to unleash the potential of CSN (Community, State and National Affairs) by ensuring CSN has the talent, the resources and the information needed to deliver on its goals as part of AARP.
OSA is responsible for efficient operations, driving integration, providing robust group-wide communications, and championing effective planning and performance analysis to inform decision making. As a team, OSA is focused, collaborative, and solution oriented.
OSA is composed of the following three teams:
-Client Services & Group Operations
-Planning and Performance Analysis
The Advisor of Performance Analysis, is responsible for reporting and analysis that tracks progress against CSN’s strategic goals. This person needs to work collegially and collaboratively with staff from all CSN departments, with a special focus on setting measurable goals for the advocacy, programs, and campaigns, at the national, state, and community level that deliver on AARP’s social impact agenda.
The person in this role serves as a strategic advisor to the Director, Planning & Performance Analysis, and the leadership across CSN. His/her duties include: developing, maintaining, and enhancing data collection platforms and reporting processes; collecting information from multiple and complex data streams; packaging data in meaningful ways for audiences who are not data experts; extracting key insights to steer informed decision making through analytical supports, and framing stories of impact delivered by CSN’s programs/initiatives on the 50-plus population. Additionally, the Advisor interacts with the Enterprise Strategy team and Enterprise Issue leads to ensure CSN is aligned with their strategies and outcomes.
• Leads data collection and reporting aspects of CSN’s strategic and operational goals and supports evaluation efforts in conjunction with and in support of AARP’s overarching strategic plan.
• Develops, maintains, and enhances platforms and processes for data collection and reporting.
• Collects and packages performance data for management reporting and insight sharing.
• Provides effective guidance and training across CSN to help stakeholders collect accurate data that reflects the progress towards set objectives.
• Reviews and evaluates initiative/program successes against intended outcomes, identifies opportunities for test-and-learn, and recommends course corrections.
• In concert with the CSN leadership, reports on success metrics for Association-level dashboard and related sub-measures.
• Frames stories of impact delivered by CSN’s programs, advocacy, campaigns, and educational efforts on the 50-plus population.
• Works collaboratively with the directors of Programs, Campaigns, and Government Affairs to track trends and keep abreast of changes in political or social landscape that could influence the direction and impact of AARP programs.
• Assists program managers to develop targeted and effective strategies to meet goals and to reduce costs and heighten and broaden program impact.
• Works collaboratively with staff at all levels to provide optimal customer service to members and to meet or exceed Dashboard goals.
• Demonstrates leadership behaviors in all interactions.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree (preferred) in business management, , business administration or other field aligned to the development of strategies, success measures, and monitoring of outcomes.
• 8+ years of related experience or a combination of education and experience in the areas of business analysis, marketing analysis, consulting or other management reporting field.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to inform, educate, motivate and work with others at all levels to ensure high performance and achievement of strategic goals.
• Strong communications skills, including clear and concise writing and presentation for executives, and translation of complex data into understandable insights and stories.
• Strong problem solving skills and facilitation skills with creativity, adaptability and flexibility in dealing with process or programmatic challenges and options.
• Expert use of data management and visualization tools such as Excel and Tableau, including the ability to perform calculations, create pivot tables and graphs.
• Experience in developing data collection systems such as SharePoint is a plus.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.