AARP Services, Inc.
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin
ASI is a service organization managing the licensing of the AARP brand and related assets and overseeing the provider relationships that deliver products and services to the 50+ population.
ASI’s mission is to inspire new and innovative business practices, guide consumers to make informed choices, and deliver products and services that better fulfill life-stage needs
Primarily responsible for operational analysis, problem solving and business improvement activities within the Business Optimization function, specifically:
· Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or advanced degree preferred, 6+ years of relevant experience in operational improvement / effectiveness efforts.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience working with a major consulting firm preferred.
· Experience working in a client-focused consulting role responsible for analyzing complex enterprise problems from multiple angles and delivering executable recommendations.
· Extensive business process management experience including a successful track record of delivering large scale (enterprise-wide) business process improvement projects, with related communication and change management activities.
· Experience in understanding the obstacles that prevent an organization from striving to continuously improve while enhancing the abilities that will allow them to achieve measurable and sustainable results.
· Strong analytical, communication and strategic thinking skills.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and lead cross-functional, matrix project teams toward common goals and strategic objectives while fostering strong relationships with all stakeholders.
· Extensive knowledge and expertise in business improvement activities including analysis, design, and performance management.
· Strong understanding of problem analysis and solution design.
· Excellent written, verbal, visual/presentation and interpersonal communications skills with ability to successfully present ideas to senior management
· Results oriented, high performer able to work in an environment of change and uncertainty with sound judgment under pressure.
· Demonstrated ability to be flexible and take a team-oriented approach; willing to proactively assist departmental colleagues. Willing to do whatever tasks are required.
· PMP, Lean Six-Sigma Green or Black Belt, or other professional certification preferred.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.