AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
Provides direct and highly responsible administrative, operational and project management support for the SVP of Enterprise Innovation and the Innovation and Product Development function.
· Provides assistance with day-to-day operations of the Innovation and Product Development department.
· Provides highly responsible management support by identifying and researching problems, questions and issues related to office functions and procedures.
· Trouble-shoots operational problems, provides assistance to staff, and suggests alternatives to make processes more efficient and achieve desired project outcomes.
· Leads the meeting logistics and set-up for Innovation and Product Development meetings, which may be held in-person or remotely via videoconference.
· Performs complex scheduling that often involves coordination of calendars for several individuals. Completes scheduling tasks in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative to resolve conflicts and identify and confirm meeting times that are amicable to required participants.
· Prepares expense reports, makes travel arrangements and prepares monthly tracking reports in compliance with AARP’s Travel and Expense policy.
· Supports financial processes including budgeting, forecasting, invoice processing, and tracking vendor performance against deliverables.
· Creates templates, formats, and reports to support management process and information needs. Prepares and reviews documents for accuracy, appropriateness, and consistency of message. Writes correspondence, documents and responses to internal requests.
· Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
· Regularly uses software technologies and tools, including Doodle polls and Microsoft Office.
· Works collaboratively across the Enterprise, and with outside partners and vendors as directed to provide needed services in an expeditious and effective manner
This position interacts regularly with CEO’s office, Executive Team, the Leadership Team and other essential individuals across the enterprise.
This position is integral to the efficient and effective functioning of the Innovation and Product Development Team
· Completion of an Associate’s degree in Business or a related field (or equivalent experience),
· A minimum of 4+ years of related experience desired; or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the duties of the position.
· Position requires good interpersonal skills, ability to inform, educate and work with others at all levels; attention to detail. Effective oral and written communications skills; creativie adaptability and flexibility in dealing with programmatic options. Must be a team player.
· Complex scheduling of meetings and coordination of schedules among large groups of busy executives
· Proficiency in online expense reimbursement software such as Concur or Oracle-based systems
· Mastery of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.