AARP Services, Inc.
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin
ASI is a service organization managing the licensing of the AARP brand and related assets and overseeing the provider relationships that deliver products and services to the 50+ population.
ASI’s mission is to inspire new and innovative business practices, guide consumers to make informed choices, and deliver products and services that better fulfill life-stage needs
As a Business Operations Analyst for AARP Media Sales, this role provides overall Procurement and Contract Management (“PCM”), Accounts Payable and Business and Financial Planning operational support. Analyst is the lead POC for: AP review and validation; purchase requisition creation, review and tracking; Statement of Work/Master Services Agreement document review; Purchase Order tracking; and verification of internal expenses. Lead POC for contract workflows, from initiation with managers, to tracking in the systems, through execution. Advises business unit on contract process and document requirements; primary liaison between Media Sales and Procurement.
Provides financial and analytical support to Media Sales management as it relates to the expense budget, forecasting and the tracking of actual financial results. Primary liaison with ASI Finance and ASI Business Operations to ensure compliance to ASI standards and requirements. Represents Media Sales as a member of the Financial Hub which provides expertise and support throughout the Procure to Pay process.
This position also provides leadership and training to colleagues in Media Sales involved with procurement and expense transactions in Navigator and/or related enterprise systems. Collaborates with Office Manager on gap analysis, process upgrades, business continuity planning and training materials for support staff.
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, finance or similar (or equivalent experience) and 5+ years of relevant business experience.
· Ability to quickly grasp and apply Procure-to-Pay and Travel Expense policy and procedures.
· Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
· Ability to multitask.
· Ability to quickly achieve a basic understanding of AARP Services’ Business and Financial Planning operations.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Comfortable working with spreadsheets and the Peoplesoft e-procurement, Purchasing, Accounts Payable and Travel & Expenses technologies is necessary.
· Must demonstrate analytical skills and be comfortable making qualitative and quantitative assessments of data.
· High-energy level, team player dedicated to excellent customer service for internal and external customers.
· Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and vendors.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.