AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
Policy, Research and International Affairs (PRI) serves AARP by leading the development and articulation of AARP’s public policies, research and insights on the 50+ and issues that matter to them, importing best global practices, and strengthening AARP's reputation for world class expertise and thought leadership.
The Senior Advisor, Engagements and Outreach leads the implementation of strategic engagements and outreach for Policy Research and International (PRI). This position works across PRI to strategically design, plan and produce outstanding, innovative and inspiring experiences and convenings for internal and external audiences.
This position resides in the office of the Chief Public Policy Officer reports to the Director, Communications Integration.
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience.
• Demonstrated experience producing all aspects of engagements of various sizes and formats.
• Proven ability to manage and work effectively in a collaborative environment, including building strategic and solid partnerships with colleagues throughout AARP and its affiliates as well as external partners.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking, development and planning skills and the ability to communicate strategic plans and vision to others.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex issues, to prepare concise summaries, and to provide sound recommendations on high visibility issues.
• Action and results oriented, decisive, adaptable quick study, with proven ability to accurately analyze complex situations.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• A positive, solutions-oriented attitude.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.