AARP Programs drives relevance and impact through ‘state-of-the-art’ programs and resources. Our audience-focused offerings facilitate ‘active’ engagement and interaction with consumers, with a focus on multicultural and age 50-64 members. We also work with key influencers such as industry, partners, and local leaders.
Our mode of program engagement with target consumers exists in both the virtual and the physical realm. As such, we drive both ‘distance learning’ (through digital resources/tools/e-courses/seminars) and in-community live experiences through a continuous engagement cycle.
Advises on, designs, develops and executes multifaceted, online consumer education programs for AARP to achieve its social mission goals and metrics. Creates, improves and maintains online content to achieve business goals. Develops a portfolio of blended educational programming deployed using an array of technologies to best meet learner needs and styles. Upholds commitment to ensuring online educational offerings are audience relevant and accurate. Experienced in all aspects of online learning including user experience, instructional design, modern adult educational development methodologies, evaluation, metrics and best practices.
Strong technical knowledge of best-in-class learning tools/software to deliver interactive online adult educational content. Ability to collaborate with agencies and vendors to ensure best-in-class offerings and deployment. Advises on and implements technical solutions – platforms, software and other applications – to meet evolving digital learning needs. Ability to learn multiple systems to design, author, upload and revise educational content. Requires keeping up with innovations, trends and technologies in online education, including Learning Management Systems.
Exceptional communicator – writer, editor and creative adaptor of dense subject matters into engaging and interactive educational content. Requires ability to distill complex subject matters into inviting, easily understood, accurate and accessible educational information. Possesses comfort working collaboratively with subject-matter experts (SMEs) and other partners in a highly matrixed organization.
Plans and develops educational content across a variety of online formats, including but not limited to videos, webinars, infographics, virtual fairs, workshops, micro-learnings and games. Collaborates with agencies and vendor partners accordingly.
Supports “test and learn” methodology to ensure high-quality programming meets consumer needs. Understands online metrics and calibrates content design or deployment to better meet needs. Engages in rapid prototyping, iterative design, human-centered design (Design Thinking) or similar practices to evolve and enhance online educational programs.
• Assesses online learner needs, partners with subject-matter experts (SMEs), identifies relevant information and develops/adapts compelling educational, fun and interactive content across a variety of formats.
• Leverages technical knowledge of best-in-class learning tools/software for interactive educational development. Advises on and keeps abreast of new trends and technologies in the industry.
• Displays exceptional written/verbal/visual communication skills to best communicate with key target audiences.
• Maintains working knowledge of social media and online learning trends.
• Develops consumer-focused content across broad and multiple issue area(s), including but not limited to: Caregiving, Health, Financial Resilience, Livable Communities, Work/Jobs, Digital Literacy and Fraud.
• Ensures the editorial integrity of online program development through clear and concise writing of scripts and narratives. Will also include content layout/graphic design support and/or execution. Creates, edits, proofreads and improves online content to meet departmental needs for interactivity and “fun with purpose.”
• Facilitates virtual training course material and participates, as needed, with subject-matter expert (SME) presenters to craft highly engaging online events.
• Provides subject-matter expertise and leadership in instructional design.
• Executes online content strategies in line with governance.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, and work independently and interdependently among a small team of online program developers and vendors.
• Brings strong attention to detail to the design of programs.
• Engages in data collection and analysis to ensure that programs are fully evaluated, and achieve desired reach and outcomes.
• Uses online learning management system(s) to analyze user engagement metrics.
• Applies audience/market segmentation research and insights to create customized programming, with special emphasis on Boomer/Multicultural audiences.
• Receives direction/input/recommendations from subject matter experts (SMEs)/issue leads and/or other national/external stakeholders.
• Regularly collaborates with other AARP departments, influencers and external organizations, along with creative agencies and vendors, to plan, develop and implement key programs.
• Works collaboratively across Programs Issue and Turnkey Program Design units.
• Executes work to prescribed standards of excellence.
• Demonstrates AARP leadership behaviors in all interactions.
Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in communications, online training or curricula development, journalism, education, business administration or related field, or work experience in similar role; 5+ years of relevant experience in developing online educational programming, strategies and operational plans. Knowledge of adult learning; understanding of audiences and most optimal ways to reach them to effectively impact program goals is required. Experienced in training, curriculum/content development, graphic design, and/or marketing a must. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively internally and externally; excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and effectively build relationships and collaborate with stakeholders, training professionals and subject-matter experts (SMEs). Expertise in adapting online content to ensure brand consistency. Ability to modify written content for multicultural perspectives. Ability to stay up-to-date with innovations and developments in the online learning or social media fields to generate new ideas to draw the online learner’s attention.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.