AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
Financial and Operational Services (FOS) manages AARP's multi-year financial planning, budgeting and forecasting; treasury and investments; tax reporting and planning; and accounting and financial reporting activities. The division provides project management and training and support for the systems used to manage AARP’s money and assets.
Incumbents in this position act strategically to guide and direct all Treasury Operations Center activities and the Treasury Operations Center management team on operational delivery, reconciliation and reporting, new product development, customer relationship management, expense control and forecasting, project management, capacity tracking, risk management and compliance matters. Works with the management team to incorporate operational integrity into all aspects of the information and payment processing delivery channel. Directs and manages the operational staff of a large, multi faceted Financial Services department. Manages risk associated with the operational aspects of member and internal customer relationships and their business transactions. Monitors, updates and maintains operations procedures for compliance to AARP policies and industry regulations. Acts as primary liaison representing the Treasury Operations Center units in all matters affecting operations, and regulatory compliance, including the development of new policies, procedures, products and services. Identifies operational training needs for the Treasury Operations Center units and assists in curriculum development and delivery. Works with the internal and external auditors to develop and coordinate unit audit processes. Serves as an escalation point as needed for planning, operational, project, budget, regulatory or risk issues and investigations. Ensures that relationship reviews are conducted in accordance with Service level Agreement requirements. Complies fully with all AARP policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Business, Management or related field, or comparable work experience.
2. 10+ year’s Operations Management experience in remittance processing or related field Deadline and volume based production environment experience. Detailed working knowledge of payment and information processing services and related regulatory issues.
3. Microsoft word & Office/Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint,
4. Excellent written and verbal skills.
5. Demonstrated research and troubleshooting skills.
6. Hands on management style and willingness to provide clear daily direction to direct reports.
7. Demonstrated ability to organize and successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Superior project management skills. Six Sigma and Lean Management certification preferred.
8. Demonstrated ability to collaborate across groups and departments, connecting with and exhibiting a solid understanding of partnerships.
9. Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams for project success.
10. Strong analytical/financial skills.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.