AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
AARP California has an opening for a paid internship in our Pasadena Office. AARP is a non-profit, non-partisan membership organization focused on helping people 50+ live their best lives in their own homes and communities. This internship position will assist our Communications Team in our statewide priorities and strategies
This internship position will assist our Communications Team in our statewide priorities and strategies, which includes:
• Researching and writing social media posts and other digital content
• Assisting with community engagement activities, including taking photos, shooting video, conducting interviews, etc.
• Compiling research on various topics
• Maintaining various administrative functions that support the work of the Communications Team
• Developing materials and writing reports (ie: infographics, fact sheets, PowerPoints, etc.)
The ideal candidate will be a current undergraduate student pursuing a degree in communications, public relations, journalism, social media or related fields with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Must have reliable transportation and available 20 to 25 hours/week.
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
• Able to handle multiple projects
• Team oriented
• Excellent communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Social/Digital Media Platforms (Blogs, Email Promotion, Twitter and Facebook)
• Experience with diverse communities and cultures
Internships are non-exempt positions and are not eligible for employee benefits.
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.