AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
The Community, State and National Affairs (CSNA) team is a key contributor to AARP's mission of social change for Americans 50+ and their families. CSNA drives social change through our advocacy work by giving our members a voice—at the federal, state, local levels and community levels—on issues important to them such as Financial Resilience, Health Security, and Personal Fulfillment.
With a network of 53 offices in each state, the US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, we live where we work. This allows us to do what we do best…meet the people and directly engage in our communities to find out what they need and want, enabling us to educate our members with programs and information that is relevant to them.
Our state offices work hand-in-glove with AARP’s national office in Washington, DC. This reach—from community to state to federal – enables CSNA to better empower people 50+ to enjoy the way they
Supports Turnkey Program department operations in a project and program management role. This position will work in a cross-departmental way to provide a key support function including data collection and analysis and reporting, marketing and communications support, meeting and event oversight, and other project and operational support as needed. Serves as a support to the Turnkey Programs leadership team including the VP of Community Programs. Supports and manages effective tactical work plans in support of Turnkey programs goals and operations.
• Dashboard report oversight and analysis with in person and online programming in partnership with turnkey program departments and vendors,
• Project management support with the turnkey promotions and marketing team including assistance with direct mail, email, social media, grass-roots marketing or other outreach needs including help with tracking timelines and deliverables related to promotions,
• Turnkey Program operational support including help with internal systems and processes as needed to ensure the smooth and successful implementation of local programs. The Project Manager will support program aspects that enable program scalability and ease of implementation for people 50+ by state office staff, vendors, volunteers and partners.
• Executes Turnkey Program reporting and facilitates internal communications to ensure cross-departmental updates and team connections including meeting management (virtual and in-person)
• Assists the Turnkey Programs leadership team with projects and/or event planning and other administrative or operational assignments as needed,
• Data collection and analysis support to help the Turnkey Programs Leadership team understand where potential operational or functional enhancements or efficiencies might exist.
• Collaborates with AARP colleagues to ensure excellent customer service and timely support is provided.
• Tracks and supports the VP of Turnkey Programs to ensure key dates or deliverables are tracked and met.
• Exercises leadership and team work when working with staff throughout AARP and with external organizations to ensure that strategic and tactical plans are implemented, as designed. Tracks and reports program outcomes.
• Collaborates with other AARP departments, relevant influencers, organizations and coalitions in support of Turnkey Programs as requested.
• Exhibits strong writing, oral communications and project management skills to help Turnkey Programs leadership team meet deliverables and timelines.
• Works collaboratively across Programs Issue and Turnkey Program Design units.
• Manages work with excellence and professionalism.
• Demonstrates AARP leadership behaviors in all interactions.
Travel required – approximately 10-25%
Bachelor’s degree in program or project management, business administration, marketing, journalism, design or related field; at least 5 years of relevant experience in positions where coordination, data collection and analysis, and/or marketing and promotions were central to the job; or a combination of education and experience in areas directly related to the duties of this position. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, demonstrated ability to build, sustain and nurture strong, productive working relationships internally and externally.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.