AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
Provides support for a national program, state, and community operations, communications, or advocacy. Performs activities directed by the State Director, Program Director, or assigned supervisor. Incumbents(s) in this position may perform all or a significant combination of the tasks described below depending on operational requirements and assigned location.
1. Coordinates activities to support the various programs and events. Maintains project/activity work plans and calendars. Serves as a resource person to staff and volunteers. Participates in team meetings, event, maintains records, and prepares reports.
2. Screens referrals and identifies potential candidates as volunteers. Provide administrative support.
3. Oversees front desk activities – greet visitors, field questions, handle main office phone line to include general incoming calls, call center calls, and voicemails, direct calls to appropriate staff and/or departments throughout AARP. Assist SOA with facilities management.
4. Order library materials, manage library inventory, drop ship materials to other offices, and teleworkers and ASD’s, coordinate Speakers Bureau activities and handbook along with setting up presentations, assist with ordering and managing office giveaways.
5. Assist Driver’s Safety, Tax-Aide, FWN-CEP team, Member Services, AASRA as needed (schedule meetings, assist with food orders), order staff business cards and office letterhead, maintain office directories, order all Xerox supplies and manage maintenance related issues.
6. Pack bins and host tables as necessary, assist SOA with special projects, process all FedEx shipments, Notarize documents (if a notary), maintain photo releases, order and ship materials to NOA (Northern Arizona Volunteer) and enter activity reporting into Cvent.
7. Maintains Salesforce Volunteer Portal activities.
8. Lookup member information on internal member portal – report deaths, address changes, and member issues, prepare staff meeting agenda and order lunch, assist with copiers, run postage & distribute daily mail – includes AASRA, coordinate and manage large conference room schedule, and internal shared office calendar.
9. Manage AARP internal office email box – routing and handling all messages – AZAARP@aarp.org, manage monthly office publication distribution – magazines and bulletins, assist ASD’s with special projects and handle various internal requests and questions from other state offices.
10. Demonstrates WORLD CLASS cultural attributes and behaviors in all interactions
Completion of an Associates degree in a related discipline and a minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible administrative experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the duties of the position. Bilingual skills may be a requirement for specific assignments based on the needs of the membership segment supported. Occasional travel may be required
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.