Business Unit Description
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
Information Technology Solutions (ITS) is AARP's technology leader in positive social change and member value, enabling a more effective workforce and globally connecting employees, members, volunteers, partners and advocates to maximize engagement.
The ITSM Engineer reports to the Director, Service Delivery. Responsible for operational management of all IT Service Management / ITIL processes, including: Incident, Problem, Change, Event, Disaster Recovery, Service Request, Reporting and Service Catalog. The engineer collaborates closely with Service Delivery colleagues and other ITS stakeholders in End User Services and Customer Service teams to ensure that ITS strategic objectives and goals are met. A focus on optimization and service level management is required. The engineer is expected to demonstrate a depth of expertise in desktop support, help desk, and escalation procedures.
- Develop and optimize processes for IT Service Management following the established ITIL framework to ensure that IT Services are focused on aligning IT services with the needs of the business
- Develop dashboard metrics and key performance indicators of information technology services
- Manage vendor partner that executes outsourced processes related to Problem Management, Service Improvement, and Reporting tool Improvement
- Prepare periodic presentations or reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing performance data and trends, corrective actions, and service delivery improvements
- Create ITSM governance standards and ensure that all changes to reporting, processes and procedures are reflected, appropriately documented and that consistency is maintained
- Work with IT Service Owners and Stakeholders to review performance trends and validate service management best practices are enforced
- Perform deep dive analysis and diagnostic of predictive operational performance and best action identification
- Provide expertise in the use and evaluation of ITSM software solutions
- Perform other related duties as needed
- The position requires a high degree of autonomy and the ability to balance day-to-day initiatives, projects, and ad-hoc requests.
The ITSM Engineer requires the ability to balance tactical day-to-day initiatives with strategic initiatives. This position requires a high degree of autonomy related to working across the IT organization, within AARP business units, and with vendors, outsourcing partners, and others. This position requires a degree of innovation and conceptualization of moving the domain forward in terms of its IT agility, value and alignment with the business goals and the architectural standards established by the Innovation group.
- Translate stakeholder’s requirements into actionable deliverables.
- Work in partnership with our Customer Delivery leaders on operational initiatives related to: desktop support to continuously improve policies, standards and procedures by anticipating issues, providing advice and sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Develop positive working relationships and work in partnership with team members across the IT Organization to improve IT service delivery and align with the organization’s mission and goals.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- IT Service Management processes
- Metrics and Reporting
- Service Now expertise
- ITIL and ITSM terminology and principles
- Relational Databases and Data elements
- Process development
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Help Desk ticketing system
- Excel Proficiency
- Power Point Proficiency
- Advanced Analytics
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years IT service delivery and reporting
- 7+ Experience in process development
- 7+ Working knowledge and experience of analysis and reporting tools
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect data, organize, analyze, and recommend solutions
- Comfortable with ad-hoc database queries and structured scripts/reports
- Knowledge of data mining techniques for predictive analytics purposes
- Experience working in outsourced environments
- Experience in managing managed service provides
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.